Week 30, Bake 3o.
I am back home for the summer to help out with my parents B&B. But it also means that I have people to share my baking with so I don't eat it all by myself and get fat. I asked mum and dad what they wanted me to bake whilst I'm here and New York Cheesecake was one of them. So off I popped this morning to get the ingredients and had an afternoon baking. It is lovely to be back in a kitchen where there is not only a dishwasher but an oven which has the temperature markings on it, joy!
- 200g of digestive biscuits
- 75g of melted butter
- 450g of full fat soft cream cheese
- 2 large eggs (beaten together)
- zest of a small orange
- 90g of caster sugar
- Assorted berries
- 4 heaped tablespoons of icing sugar plus extra for dusting
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- In a food processor crush the biscuits to make crumbs. Melt the butter then mix it into the biscuits.
- Press into a 22cm loose bottom tin, using the base of a glass to press it down firmly.
- Refrigerate until you need it.
- Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl, place the cream cheese, eggs, orange zest and caster sugar and using an electric mixer beat together.
- Now pour the mixture over the biscuit base and then carefully place it on a baking tray in the oven.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until there is only a little wobble.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan place the raspberries and a small splash of water and simmer until the sauce becomes thickened.
- Sieve the sauce into a bowl and then slowly add the 4 tablespoons of icing sugar. Mix and continue adding until it is thick enough to pipe.
- Prepare your fruit by taking out the stones and washing them.
- Once the cheesecake is cool enough pipe your pattern on it and then arrange your fruit on top with a small dusting of icing sugar.