Week 47, Bake 47.
It is rapidly beginning to look like Christmas and we have only got 3 weeks left of our school term. So from now on my bakes will be christmassy. Here is my recipe for Jammy Dodgers, my last non-Christmas bake (before my brothers birthday of course).
- 175g of slightly salted butter
- 75g of caster sugar
- 250g of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon of raspberry jam per cookie
- Cream the butter and sugar together (making sure the butter is at room temperature). When smooth (not fluffy) beat in the flour.
- When the flour is almost all mixed in, add in the vanilla essence and then knead it into a dough.
- Pop in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface until it is half a centimetre thick, cut into circles using an 9cm cookie cutter.
- Place the discs onto baking parchment then in half of the discs cut out a star from the centre.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes, until the cookies are slightly coloured.
- Leave on the baking parchment until the cookies are solid then allow them to cool on a cooling rack.
- Now carefully assemble the cookies, spreading a teaspoon of the jam in the centre.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar if you wish.