Sunday 18 November 2012

Jammy Dodgers

Week 47, Bake 47. 

It is rapidly beginning to look like Christmas and we have only got 3 weeks left of our school term. So from now on my bakes will be christmassy. Here is my recipe for Jammy Dodgers, my last non-Christmas bake (before my brothers birthday of course).

Ingredients:
  • 175g of slightly salted butter 
  • 75g of caster sugar
  • 250g of plain flour
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
  • 1 teaspoon of raspberry jam per cookie
Method:
  1. Cream the butter and sugar together (making sure the butter is at room temperature). When smooth (not fluffy) beat in the flour. 
  2. When the flour is almost all mixed in, add in the vanilla essence and then knead it into a dough. 
  3. Pop in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes. 
  4. Pre-heat the oven to 180c. 
  5. Roll out the dough on a floured surface until it is half a centimetre thick, cut into circles using an 9cm cookie cutter. 
  6. Place the discs onto baking parchment then in half of the discs cut out a star from the centre. 
  7. Cook for 7-10 minutes, until the cookies are slightly coloured. 
  8. Leave on the baking parchment until the cookies are solid then allow them to cool on a cooling rack. 
  9. Now carefully assemble the cookies, spreading a teaspoon of the jam in the centre. 
  10. Sprinkle with icing sugar if you wish.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I love and miss these as I am Scottish but now live in Texas, thanks for posting I will be making these for Christmas, I love you blog and I am your newest GFC follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may not think of these as Christmas bakes, but I think they look lovely and remind me of the Christmas star! I hope you'll share this post and any future Christmas cookie posts on our Holiday Cookie Recipe Swap through mid-December here: http://thedomesticatedprincess.blogspot.com/2012/11/holiday-cookie-recipe-swap-week-1.html

    ReplyDelete