Saturday 6 October 2012

Apple and Blueberry Slump

Week 41, Bake 41.

I have been ill this week. I do not like being ill, it is really really boring. I vaguely remember when I was a kid that we had a 'rainy days' box which my parents put in different bits and pieces which we could do when we were ill. So I remember there were colouring books and toy cars and just anything to keep you entertained when you were ill. Sadly I do not have one of these boxes anymore, and so I popped to TESCO and brought gossip magazines and a Christmas making magazine. I am rubbish at being ill, I have now exhausted sky+ and read all my magazines, but thankfully today I am a bit better. So I decided to bake... this recipe is my mothers (taken from some magazine ages ago) and has become a family classic. Sadly I cannot eat it tonight, as it is destined to go to a lunch with me tomorrow.

Ingredients:
  • 450g of apples
  • 30g of butter
  • 150g of blueberries
  • 75g of light brown sugar
  • 250g of marscapone
  • (For the slump):
  • 85g of butter
  • 200g of self-raising flour
  • 50g of light brown sugar
  • Zest of 1 lemon
  • 1/4 pint of milk
Method:


  1. Pre-heat the oven to 190c.
  2. Peel, core and thinly slice the apples. In a frying pan, melt the butter and on a medium heat add the apples turning occasionally until soft. 
  3. Tip in an oven proof dish and mix in the blueberries, now add the sugar and stir it together. 
  4. In a large bowl, tip in the flour and cubed butter and rub it together with your fingers. Once it resembles breadcrumbs, mix in the sugar and the lemon zest. 
  5. Make a well in the mixture and add in the milk and mix it until it becomes a paste. 
  6. Now put blobs of the mixture on top of the apples and also put blobs of the marscapone on top to make sure the apples are covered. 
  7. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the the topping has risen and is golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment