This is a map of the world and the red line shows where I have been. I'm really proud of this, especially as it means that I can add to it when I go on holiday again.
So here is what I did:
- I brought a canvas from one of those cheap stationary shops. You don't want to have it too small as it will be difficult to add detail to the world.
- I then covered the canvas in calico, using a stapler.
- Now the difficult bit. I traced a map of the world onto the calico and then started stitching (using a back stitch). This will take ages, but it can be done whilst watching television.
- Now add the red thread and draw a line to the countries where you have been.
- And your done! Keep some of the red thread so you can add to it when you travel.